The Front Desk Monitor will understand and model the mission of NSO; will understand and practice NSO’s policy on confidentiality in respect to all NSO information; will exhibit professional behavior in all facets of work at NSO; and will exhibit teamwork with all NSO staff.
The Front Desk Monitor maintains a continuous state of alertness and awareness to control and secure all NSO properties as needed; will ensure all Carolyn Williams Center (CWC) residents abide by all rules and regulations. In addition, the Front Desk Monitor is to ensure the CWC kitchen is maintained and secure.
- Physically patrol the internal and external areas of the facilities frequently to visually observe and listen to clients and monitor the state of the facilities. Examples of activities include smelling for marijuana; listening to conversations and ensuring doors and windows are properly secure.
- Make initial contact with any visitors and verify their identity.
- Must be comfortable with emergency situations including calling 911.
- Maintain legible, accurate and concise records in night monitor log so staffs on all shifts are continuously informed of the status of clients and facilities.
- Must be a liaison between residents and Client Advocates. Report when clients violate rules.
- Communicate with client and staff in a professional manner to affirm and enhance self-esteem and dignity, and to maintain positive client/staff relations.
- Be familiar with the goals of the program so clients’ needs are met.
- Conduct scheduled and/or impromptu cleanliness checks of facilities to maintain it in an orderly and clean fashion to meet health and environmental requirements. Must keep CWC premises safe, clean, drug-alcohol-tobacco free at all times.
- Perform random nightly room checks to ensure all residents are complying with NSO program rules.
- Complete nightly building checks of all Housing properties.
- Act as point of contact for Housing clients during shift.
- Effectively work and cooperate with supervisors, co-workers, and clients.
- Must be able to follow directions of the supervisor.
- Refrain from causing or contributing to disruption in the workplace.
- Other duties as may be assigned by supervisors.
Minimum Requirement: High School diploma or equivalent required. Experience working with an under served population, preferred. Three years general work experience,preferred. Clearance and pass of drug screen and background check. Valid driver's license and good driving record. This position is considered a safety sensitive position, a drug screen will be required prior to employment.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Requires clear, oral, and written skills.
- Must be able to lift, push, and pull at least 50 lbs
- Must have minimum proficiency of Microsoft Office products, including Outlook, Word, and Internet Explorer
- Must be able to demonstrate responsible professional behavior with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team that is comprised of volunteers, professional staff, and residents.
- Requires patience when assisting population served.
- Requires non-judgment work.
- Requires knowledge of safety policies and procedures.
- Variable Shifts available ranging from 4-8 hour shifts. Shifts and hours may vary from week to week.
NSO is an Equal Opportunity Employer