Maintenance is responsible for conducting repairs and maintenance on NSO properties, to ensure that clients, employees, volunteers, and guests have a safe and pleasant experience while on property. Maintenance work includes completing weekly and monthly checklists, responding to emergency maintenance requests, assisting with renovation and remodeling and maintaining work orders of scheduled maintenance. Maintenance also performs maintenance inspections as needed.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure building systems operate efficiently and the physical conditions of the buildings meet requirements.
- Install fixtures and components.
- Repair, replace, install locks, hinges, and/or related finish hardware.
- Diagnose mechanical problems in machinery or equipment.
- Understand services and/or repair manuals.
- Read work orders and understand directions given.
- Prepare building surfaces for paint, finishes, wallpaper, adhesives, etc.
- Lay or install brick, block, stones, tile, or related masonry mechanical.
- Determine installation, service or repair needed and conduct relevant research to obtain bids, etc..
- Repair cracks, defects, or damage in installed building materials.
- Install doors, window frames, trim, glass, etc.
- Protect NSO property in possession, including company vehicle.
- Perform routine maintenance work orders in a timely manner.
- Weatherize all NSO properties as needed.
- Adjust devices and instruments using hand tools.
- Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools to precision measuring instruments.
- Use of lawn mowers, edger and trimmer.
- Pick up donations and supplies as scheduled.
- Provide proper upkeep of sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, and other grounds features.
- Effectively work and cooperate with supervisors, co-workers, and clients.
- Must be able to follow directions of the supervisor.
- Refrain from causing or contributing to disruption in the workplace.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Minimum Requirement: High school diploma or General education degree (GED) is required.
- Two or three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have valid driver’s license and auto insurance minimums of $100K/$300K/$100K liability.
- Clearance of background check, have a clean driving record, and pass a drug screen.
- This position is considered a safety sensitive position, and therefore exempt from the Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Act. A drug screen will be required prior to employment.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Must model the highest ethical standards, particularly with respect to confidentiality, integrity, and professionalism.
- Requires clear, oral, and written skills.
- Must be able to lift, push, and pull at least 50 lbs.
- Requires ability to handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Requires the ability to work independently, as well as interact well with others and work on a team.
- Requires knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Requires knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of houses, buildings, or other structures.
- Basic computer skills, including e-mail and Internet.
NSO is an Equal Opportunity Employer