NSO is currently seeking a Floater Dentist to provide general dental services to our clients, on an as needed basis.
- Provides basic and emergency dental care.
- Assure quality dental services.
- Provides dental services including dental screenings, diagnosis and basic restorative dentistry.
- Assures appropriate referrals for patients.
- Participates in communication with volunteer dentists in the NSO dental program.
- Participates in NSO staff meetings and clinic meetings.
- Performs related work as required or directed.
- Supervises participants from the OU College of Dentistry Externship Program, as needed.
- Possess a license to practice Dentistry in the State of Oklahoma.
- Experience working with the homeless and undeserved population preferred.
- Receive clearance, upon hire, from OU College of Dentistry to supervise participants in the Dentistry Externship Program.
- Federal or State drug license required.
- Narcotics license preferred and malpractice insurance required.
- Must possess a valid Healthcare Provider CPR certification.
- Must have valid driver’s license and auto insurance minimums of $100K/$300K/$100K liability.
- Clearance of background check and drug screen.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Requires clear, oral, and written communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of modern principles and practices of Dentistry.
- Cognizant of prescription drugs commonly used in Dentistry and aware of possible side effects.
- Patient when working with population served.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.